Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hey, Don't I Know You From Somewhere? (and more!)


Thanks Jenny!
Oh yeah! I used to hang out with you pretty much everyday! This Saturday I got together with some good friends. Life has moved us around a bit and we don't see each other as much anymore...it's been a good couple of years since we've actually had a decent get together.
I brought some apples and dip...

Jenny brought some veggies...

Chad grilled up some burgers...

Thanks Jenny!
Heath can attest to the fact that we all had plenty to eat!
We mostly just sat around the fire and talked and caught up and discussed our next get together...which will take place next month and NOT years from now! It was great to have the old crew together again...not everyone was there, but it was like old times. It's amazing how quickly you can pick things up like it never changed at all...

Keith with mom.
Speaking of changes, my nephew Keith, my little guy, turned 18 this Friday and we had a little party for him. I can't believe he's legally an adult now...all 6'7" and 300+ lbs of him! I was only 9 when he was born, we've always interacted more like bro and sis than aunt and nephew. Regardless of how big and burly he gets, he'll always be my little Keifer!
This also arrived in my mailbox on Saturday...which put a huge smile on my face! Capt. Keith is really a stellar guy and so are all of the F/V Wizard crewmen. The fact that they took time out of their extremely busy schedules to let those of us back home know they appreciate us for appreciating them is pretty awesome. I feel really fortunate to have gotten to know some great folks all because of a TV show. Thanks to them and to CB of Dutch Harbor Dirt for his hand in the project. I never suspected one of those envelopes would be winging its way to me!

Of course, being the complete dork that I am, I totally photoshopped myself a nice little Wiz army picture. hehehe.

4 comments:

carrie. said...

love the pic. you look so serious, but I know you're grinning on the inside! ;)

Cookie Dough said...

Fun post! You had a great weekend it looks like! The hamburgers look delicious!

Sally Ann said...

Love the picture! That was a really cute idea!

Elizabeth Douglas said...

haha! It was a great weekend! Too bad it was shorted an hour, it really needed to last longer! Oh, that picture, I'm such a goof! LOL!