Sunday, March 22, 2009

Big City, Little River.

The falls at Little River Canyon

From the raw power of nature to the bright lights of the city...

Everyone together for a little Mongolian, Chattanooga style.

Chattanooga and Little River Canyon make for a pretty good weekend. It all started out with a little Mongolian food at the Genghis grill.

Jared's got everyone's number.

My endless bowl at the Genghis grill!

Anna telling her basketball woes to Meg

Chattanooga was good food, good times, and good friends. After a night's sleep, we headed to Little River Canyon, which is right here in North Alabama. It's a gorgeous area and I could wax poetic, but I'll let the pics speak for themselves...






Just me. There are more pics on my myspace and facebook.

We hiked down to the falls, over rocks and under,taking our time. We enjoyed the fresh dawning of spring and the rush of the waters from fall and stream. It was a good day to be in God's creation. It's amazing how renewing a day in the woods can be. Hmmm, well, I guess I had to wax poetic a little bit.

3 comments:

Mystic said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm so glad you had a lovely weekend with your friends.

Alaska Steve said...

Great pictures! Looks like the perfect weekend.

Elizabeth Douglas said...

Thanks guys! It really was a wonderful weekend with fantastically perfect weather!