Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm blogging about 2010...in 2010!

I...I feel so accomplished! My slacking is current! Well, it's about to be current. At last blogging, I'd just kicked off the Christmas season. It ended as it began, full of festive festivities with friends and family. There were many wonderful events in which I either participated or attended. Also, this past year, my stocking contained the holy grail of the directionally challenged, a GPS!

 Thanks Mom and Dad, much love from your no longer constantly lost daughter.

So here we are, JANUARY! (in October!)

New years wasn't much to write home about, but I'm not writing home. I'm writing on the internet...to strangers. Usually, I'm at some city event for New Years, like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert, or WorkPlay's New Year's Party, but this year, I and my friends kept it small. We played Cops and Robbers for a good chunk of the night, found out you can fit roughly thirteen people into a standard SUV and watched the ball drop in NY. Nothing spectacular or huge, but good times all the same.

Also, in January, I went to Orlando, well, around Orlando. My sister lives in the Kissimmee/St. Cloud area, and my mother, other sister, and I went to visit her and her family. It was pretty much your basic family visit...except for the fact that it was horrendously cold. We left Alabama under the "threat" of snow, only to arrive in Florida for a sleet storm.

A sleet storm. In Florida.

The trip itself was not one of those "let's go and do everything we can! Agggh!" kind of vacations. For the most part, we just hung out at Rhonda's house, talked, went to the kids various ballgames/activities, and ate too much. Of course, being that my family is hilarious and awesome, you don't have to do much more than be around each other to be having fun. I'd have some pictures, but my sister Kristin is vehemently opposed to being captured on film. I've tried to convince her that I'm not stealing her soul, but, you know those Amish...

(Amish jokes...like they'll ever read this.)

...And that was pretty much my January. Hey, not every post can be jam packed with excitement...apparently.

No comments: