Monday, December 20, 2010

Raise Your Hand if You're Not Having Surgery...

Not so fast Liz! Not so fast.

Well, it's official. I'm having my Gallbladder removed Wednesday Thursday morning at 7:30 A.M.

Merry. Christmas.

Still, I can't say as I'm all that upset; I just wish it wasn't TWO DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS. I've been in a lot of pain for a while now. I can't eat without stomach cramps or nausea, and really, as long as I'm awake, I feel pretty bad. I finally broke down and went to the doctor, assuming I was dealing with something like a stomach ulcer from the stress of the past few months...all related to the insanity that is home ownership. However, they did an ultrasound and found it's actually gallstones. yay.

My mother and sister have both had this surgery, so maybe the condition is genetic. I don't know. I just want to feel better. If anyone is reading this, please pray that there are no complications. They both had some and I'd really, really like to avoid keeping up the family tradition.

Yep.

No comments: